All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £7.48Trending at £8.16
About this product
- DescriptionSir Edgar Speyer was a conspicuous figure in the financial, cultural, social and political life of Edwardian London. Head of the syndicate which financed the construction of the deep 'tube lines' and 'King of the Underground', he was also a connoisseur and active patron of the arts who rescued the 'Proms' from collapse.
- Author BiographyAntony Lentin is the Senior Member of Wolfson College, Cambridge, and the author of Lloyd George and the Lost Peace (2001), The Last Political Law Lord: Lord Sumner (1859-1934) (2009) and The Makers of the Modern World: General Smuts, South Africa (2010).
- Author(s)Antony Lentin
- PublisherHaus Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHaus Publishing Limited
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.