CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- Author(s)Edward G. Tasker
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2001
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWharncliffe Books
- Content Notephotographs
- Width169 mm
- Height235 mm
- Author BiographyMr E G Tasker was born in Lincolnshire and served during the Second World War as a radiographer and was mentioned in dispatches. After the war he opened a photographic dealers shop in New Street, Barnsley where he built up a large collection of prints and slides. In 1960 when changes in Barnsley were beginning to take shape he began to record the buildings in the centre of town. This led him to research who had occupied the properties during the last hundred years. In the 1970's the collection of over 1,100 photographs of Barnsley Streets past and present, plus the details of the occupants were reproduced in nine volumes of 'Barnsley Streets'.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.