All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigates the role of civic associations in promoting democratic attitudes and behavioral patterns in contexts that are less than democratic. This work argues that, in state-centralized environments, associations can just as easily promote civic qualities vital to authoritarian citizenship - such as support for the regime in power.
- Author BiographyAmaney A. Jamal is assistant professor of politics at Princeton University. Named a Carnegie Scholar in 2005, she is co-principal investigator of the Arab Global Barometer Project, the first systematic cross-national survey gauging democratic attitudes and behaviors in the Arab world.
- PrizesWinner of American Political Science Association Comparative Democratization Section Best Book Award 2008.
- Author(s)Amaney A. Jamal
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2009
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note12 tables. 2 maps.
- Weight28 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.