All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 1816 and 1845, John Barrow launched the most ambitious programme of exploration the world had ever seen. His hand-picked teams of elite naval officers scoured the globe's empty spaces, often at odds with each other and in surreal conditions.
- Author BiographyFergus Fleming was born in 1959 and studied at Oxford University and City University, London. He trained as an accountant and barrister and has worked as a furniture maker. For six years he was a writer and editor at Time-Life books. He has been a freelance writer since 1991.
- Author(s)Fergus Fleming
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication27/09/1999
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGranta Books
- Out-of-print date24/06/2013
- Width129 mm
- Height193 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 1balhamslim25 Jan, 2013by
Barrow's Boys - very hard to put down once started.
A truly fantastic read. Equal parts sad,funny and inspiring. Not my usual genre of choice but so glad that Barrow's boys was recommended to me.
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.39Trending at £6.29
- £11.15Trending at £11.89
- £19.81Trending at £42.59
- £10.62Trending at £20.28
- £6.31Trending at £7.50
- £6.26Trending at £7.98
- £20.54Trending at £25.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.