Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.00
- £19.38Trending at £30.03
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £4.46Trending at £4.99
- £10.61Trending at £12.34
- £11.87Trending at £14.47
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- DescriptionBegun in the Depression, a Class C minor league saw the coming of night baseball, World War II, the postwar era, competition with television, and final demise. Based on research, this book presents the stories of stars such as Bob Lemon, and others who did not make it majors. It aims to capture the essence of minor league ball in this era.
- Author BiographyDavid Pietrusza, a member of the Society for American Baseball Research, has written numerous articles about baseball. He is also the author of Major Leagues (2005) and lives in Scotia, New York, not far from where the Can-Am League pounded out its hits.
- Author(s)David Pietrusza
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotographs, bibliography, index
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.