All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis primer surveys the history of music and the composers who made that history; the history of instrument families and how the instruments function; an introduction to the science of sound and sound production; the various types of ensembles; and the fundamentals of music theory, form in music, musical notation, and music vocabulary.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Pagliaro has served as professor of instrumental music and musical instrument technology. He is founder and CEO emeritus-in-counsel of Ardsley Musical Instrument Service, Ltd., director of research and development for Contemporary Music Laboratories, and author of Everything You Should Know about Musical Instruments (1992), The Violin: How It Works (2002), The Flute: How It Works (2003), The Violin Workbook (2004), The Musical Instrument Desk Reference (2012), The String Instrument Owner's Handbook (2015), and The Brass Instrument Owner's Handbook (forthcoming 2016).
- Author(s)Michael J. Pagliaro
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.64
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.13
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.