All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLoaded with 88 exercises and 151 full-color anatomical illustrations showing the muscles in action, Basketball Anatomy details what it takes to increase strength, speed, and agility for better performance in every aspect of the game. It also examines the anatomy of some of the most common injuries.
- Author BiographyBrian J. Cole, MD, MBA, is a professor in the department of orthopedics with a conjoint appointment in the department of anatomy and cell biology at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. In 2011 he was appointed as chairman of surgery at Rush Oak Park Hospital. He is the section head of the Cartilage Research and Restoration Center at Rush University Medical Center, a multidisciplinary program specializing in the treatment of arthritis in young active patients. He is also the head of the orthopedic master's program and trains residents and fellows in sports medicine and research. He lectures nationally and internationally. Through his basic science and clinical research he has developed several innovative techniques for the treatment of shoulder, elbow, and knee conditions. Dr. Cole has been chosen as one of the Best Doctors in America each year since 2004 and as a Top Doctor in the Chicago metro area each year since 2003. In 2006 he was featured as Chicago's Top Doctor and pictured on the cover of Chicago Magazine. In 2009 Dr. Cole was selected as the NBA Team Physician of the Year. In 2013, Orthopedics This Week noted that Dr. Cole was chosen by his peers as one of the top 19 sports medicine specialists in the United States. He is the physician for the Chicago Bulls NBA basketball team and co-physician for the Chicago White Sox Major League Baseball team and the baseball team at DePaul University in Chicago. Dr. Cole hosts SportsMedicineWeekly, a radio show on Chicago's ESPN 1000 WMVP-AM. He lives in Chicago. Robert Panariello, MS, PT, ATC, CSCS, is a founding partner and chief clinical officer with Professional Physical Therapy, which has 40 facilities in the New York and New Jersey metro areas, and the Professional Athletic Performance Center in Garden City, New York. He has bachelor's degrees in physical therapy and physical education and athletic training from Ithaca College in New York, and a master's degree in exercise physiology from Queens College in New York. Panariello has more than 30 years of experience in sport physical therapy, athletic training, and performance training of athletes. He was the head strength and conditioning coach at St. John's University in New York (1986-1995), the World League of American Football's NY/NJ Knights (1991), and the WUSA NY Power Women's Professional Soccer League (2001-2002). He is a consultant to many NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college and university teams, coaches, and players. Panariello received the 2015 APTA Sports Physical Therapy Section Lynn Wallace Clinical Educator Award and the prestigious National Strength and Conditioning Association President's Award in 1998. In 2003 he was elected to the USA Strength and Conditioning Coaches Hall of Fame. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Brian Cole,Rob Panariello
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- GenreBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note174 Illustrations, color; 157 Halftones, color
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £28.95Trending at £34.50
- £22.69Trending at £30.03
- £23.42Trending at £29.53
- £12.77Trending at £14.13
- £20.77Trending at £30.00
- £12.18Trending at £16.54
- £21.77Trending at £29.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.