All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.90Trending at £7.12
- £2.00Trending at £3.84
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £4.02Trending at £4.23
- £2.57Trending at £2.84
- £4.99Trending at £9.73
- £2.50Trending at £3.05
About this product
- DescriptionJust as a city's inhabitants differ from outsiders through their knowledge of its streets as well as its stories, so, here, the author distinguishes between the real city of Basra and Basrayatha, the imagined city he has created through stories, experiences, and folklore.
- Author BiographyMohammed Khudayyir was born in Basra, Iraq, where he still lives. He is the author of several collections of short stories. He was awarded the Oweiss prize in 2004. William Hutchins is the principal translator of Naguib Mahfouz's Cairo Trilogy (AUC Press, 1989-1992), and recently translated Ibrahim al-Mazini's Ten Again and other stories (AUC Press, 2006).
- Author(s)Mohammad Khudayyir
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note10 b/w photographs
- Weight445 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byWilliam Hutchins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.