Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.99+ £4.65 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by blt-deals
- See details for delivery est.
- £2.49+ £5.30 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by theplainsman50
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn director Tim Burton's sequel to his successful BATMAN (1989), the Caped Crusader (Michael Keaton) is pitted against the demented, ravenous Penguin (Danny DeVito), a pitiful, orphaned psychopathic freak who once went on a baby-killing spree, and a 'power' hungry capitalist villain Max Shreck (Christopher Walken). As the two criminals plot to gain domination over Gotham City, BATMAN must plot to stop them. In the highly stylized BATMAN RETURNS--complete with dark, Gothic architecture and moody lighting--Batman (and his alter-ego Bruce Wayne) is thrown a third enemy, a terrible distraction: Cat Woman (fearlessly and fabulously played by Michelle Pfeiffer). She is the slinky, sharp-clawed alter-ego of Shreck's secretary Selina. Batman must overcome his own dark past, and his present love entanglements, to rid Gotham of its evil enemies, this time with even more intricately designed sets and tongue-in-cheek humour, making BATMAN RETURNS an action-packed, darkly fun adventure.
- Leading Role 1Michael Keaton
- Director 1Tim Burton
- Leading Role 2Danny De Vito
- Leading Role 3Michelle Pfeiffer
- Additional Roles byMichael Murphy,Michael Gough,Christopher Walken,Pat Hingle,Pee-Wee Herman,Christi Conaway,Andrew Bryniarski
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2005
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesEnglish,French,Spanish
- Running Time121 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- skyfireforever18 Jun, 2011by
WELL WORTH THE WAIT
GREAT DVD WITH LOTS OF EXTRAS ABOUT THE MAKING OF THE FILM, ONLY DISAPOINTMENT NO COMMENTARY BY THE DIRECTOR TIM BURTON.
- 919007162@delet...19 Jul, 2009by
Batman Returns (Directed by Tim Burton)
WOW! I didnt even know there was a Special 2 Disc Version of this film. How amazing! I have always loved Batman Returns (Directed by Tim Burton) out of all of the Batman films. However this maybe just cos it shows my favourite comic villian "Catwoman" and Michelle Pfeiffer plays it so well. The film is alittle bit more darker than the first one and I felt that the roles were all played extremely well, by Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito. The 2nd Disc shows amazing documentaries and makes the film complete.
- kathp149216 Apr, 2009by
i havent watched the dvd yet but i exepct it to be in very good quailty and im sure it is. Its a good movie. I actually cant be bothered writing this review, so that is why it is very bad and boring. So I think that is enough characters, so erm, bye.
- angela_damphire05 Oct, 2008by
The bat is back
My son absolutely loves the batman films. And this one was no exception. I bought this film as a replacement to one that didn't work anymore and believe me, I hunted high and low! Michelle Pfeiffer stars as catwoman, Danny Devito as the penguin. I think its great how all these well known actors/actresses play a role in these kind of films. The storyline is so easy to follow and I especially like the way it is shown how both Catwoman as well as the penguin came to be. Penguin being a freak of nature, abandoned at birth, and Catwoman being killed and coming back (thanks to the neighbourhood cats!!) as a supervillain! I wasn't quite sure at the beginning if she was going to be hero or villain! It really is a fun film and think that this one is one for all the family.*****
- thespaniard6716 Sep, 2006by
Gotham City faces two monstrous criminal menaces: the bizarre, sinister Penguin (Danny DeVito) and the slinky, mysterious Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer). Can Batman (Michael Keaton) battle two formidable foes at once? Like the Academy Award winning 1989 original, Batman Returns is directed by movie-making wizard Tim Burton. And like the first blockbuster, it’s a dazzling adventure that leaves you breathless.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £16.85Trending at £19.48
- £8.99Trending at £17.89
- £36.75Trending at £37.47
- £5.95Trending at £8.34
- £5.99Trending at £9.97
- £8.99Trending at £12.99
- £9.95Trending at £14.98