CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.00Trending at £48.72
- £14.41Trending at £15.22
- £22.72Trending at £29.99
- £18.56Trending at £19.53
- £12.35Trending at £14.49
- £10.44Trending at £15.73
- £14.70Trending at £21.43
About this product
- DescriptionScarcely any other movement in architecture and design had such a lasting impact as the Bauhaus; for many it is synonymous with classic modernism. This book traces the themes and the aesthetics of Bauhaus for our time. It shows 12 of the most important works of Bauhaus architecture and juxtaposes them with contemporary projects.
- Author BiographyGordon Watkinson is a photographer based in New York with a focus on architecture and design. Michael Siebenbrodt, Director of the Bauhaus-Museum in Weimar. He is author of Bauhaus-Museum: Kunstsammlungen zu Weimar, a survey of art and art schools in Weimar between 1900 and 1930. From 1985-1988 he was the head of both the museum and the experimental theatre at the Bauhaus Dessau Foundation/Design Center.Prof. Dr. Falk Jaeger, architecture historian, free lance critic, editor and curator in Berlin. Mr. Jaeger worked 1983-88 for the Institute of History of Architecture at the Technical University of Berlin. 1993-2000 he was Chair of Architectural Theory at the Technical University of Dresden. 2001-2002, editor-in-chief of the German architectural magazine Bauzeitung. He is the author of a large number of publications on architecture and teaches architectural criticism at various universities. Peter Cachola Schmal is an architect and the director of the German Museum for Architecture in Frankfurt.
- Author(s)Gordon Watkinson
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Content Note196 black & white illustrations, 196 schw.-w. Abb.
- Weight1396 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.