All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBayesian statistics has exploded into biology and its sub-disciplines, such as ecology, over the years. This title includes examples that illustrate a range of models that are relevant to the research of a modern population ecologist.
- Author BiographyDr Kery is a Population Ecologist with the Swiss Ornithological Institute and a courtesy professor ( Privatdozent ) at the University of Zurich/Switzerland, from where he received his PhD in Ecology in 2000. He is an expert in the estimation and modeling of abundance, distribution and species richness in metapopulation designs (i.e., collections of replicate sites). For most of his work, he uses the Bayesian model fitting software BUGS and JAGS, about which he has published two books with Academic Press (2010 and 2012). He has authored/coauthored 70 peer-reviewed articles and four book chapters. Since 2007, and for a total of 103 days, he has taught 23 statistical modeling workshops about the methods in the proposed book at research institutes and universities all over the world.
- Author(s)Marc Kery,Michael Schaub
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/09/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight980 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.56
- £82.97Trending at £89.80
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.65Trending at £26.30
- £22.21Trending at £24.48
- £14.55Trending at £23.17
- £16.56Trending at £20.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.