All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the legendary reporters of World War II, the author covered important Allied invasion and campaign in Europe-from landings in Sicily, Salerno, and Anzio on the Italian front to Normandy, where he went ashore with the First Army Division. This book collects his dispatches that are classics of war journalism.
- Author BiographyDon Whitehead, who died in 1981, also worked for the New York Herald Tribune and the Knoxville News-Sentinel, won a George Polk Memorial Award, and wrote a number of books, includingThe FBI Story. John B. Romeiser teaches at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, where he is founder and former director of the Normandy Scholars Program. He edited Beachhead Don: Reporting the War from the European Theater, 1942-1945 (Fordham).
- Author(s)Don Whitehead
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- GenreBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byJohn B. Romeiser
- Format DetailsCloth
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £8.31Trending at £12.00
- £4.59Trending at £4.66
- £4.69Trending at £4.99
- £4.69Trending at £7.99
- £4.75Trending at £7.51
- £3.79Trending at £6.99
- £2.99Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.