All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible account of the discoveries at the Roman fort at Bearsden examines the process of archaeological excavation, the life of the soldiers at the fort based on the results of the excavation as well as material from elsewhere in the Roman Empire.
- Author BiographyDavid Breeze excavated Bearsden while working as an inspector of ancient monuments; he later served as Chief Inspector of Ancient Monuments for Scotland. He also led the team which successfully nominated the Antonine Wall as a World Heritage Site in 2008. David Breeze has excavated on both Hadrian's Wall and the Antonine Wall and written several books on these frontiers, on frontiers elsewhere in the Roman Empire and on the Roman army. He has served as Chairman of the International Congress of Roman Frontier and President of several archaeological societies.
- Author(s)David Breeze
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintArchaeopress Archaeology
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout in colour and black & white
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £13.34Trending at £16.74
- £4.95Trending at £8.90
- £24.80Trending at £42.56
- £55.13Trending at £66.41
- £17.74Trending at £19.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.