All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving spent some time in Rome, Antonio returns to his native town with the reputation of being a playboy and with a long list of amorous adventures behind him. To please his father, Antonio agrees to marry the beautiful Barbara. A year after their marriage however - scandal erupts. Barbara is still a virgin.
- Author BiographyVitaliano Brancati was born in Sicily in 1907. He became famous for Don Giovanni in Sicilia (1941), Il bell'Antonio (1949), and Paolo il caldo (1955), which satirize, with a touch of the grotesque, Italy during the Fascist years, and especially the very Italian phenomenon of gallismo (the preening male). Brancati died in Turin in 1954. Tim Parks grew up in London and studied at Cambridge and Harvard. In 1981 he moved to Italy where he has lived ever since. He has written twelve novels as well as two non-fiction accounts of life in northern Italy, and two collections of essays.
- Author(s)Vitaliano Brancati
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight232 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Introduction byTim Parks
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £1.63Trending at £2.19
- £4.00Trending at £4.74
- £6.11Trending at £6.32
- £2.56Trending at £2.61
- £2.57Trending at £2.78
- £5.47Trending at £5.57
- £6.21Trending at £6.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.