All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £26.24Trending at £26.79
- £4.97Trending at £5.38
- £14.34Trending at £15.08
- £13.42Trending at £15.58
- £11.09Trending at £15.12
- £6.78Trending at £9.07
- £14.46Trending at £20.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhat's it like to work on a great software development team facing an impossible problem? This title takes you behind the scenes with some of the most interesting software teams over the years. It includes a series of personal stories from many of the industry's leading programmers, architects, project managers, and thought leaders.
- Author BiographyAndrew Stellman, despite being raised a New Yorker, has lived in Pittsburgh twice. The first time was when he graduated from Carnegie Mellon's School of Computer Science, and then again when he and Jenny were starting their consulting business and writing their first project management book for O'Reilly. When he moved back to his hometown, his first job after college was as a programmer at EMI-Capitol Records--which actually made sense, since he went to LaGuardia High School of Music and Art and the Performing Arts to study cello and jazz bass guitar. He and Jenny first worked together at that same financial software company, where he was managing a team of programmers. He's since managed various teams of software engineers, requirements analysts, and led process improvement efforts. Andrew keeps himself busy eating an enormous amount of string cheese and Middle Eastern desserts, playing music (but video games even more), studying taiji and aikido, having a girlfriend named Lisa, and owing a pomeranian. For more information about Andrew, Jennifer Greene, and their books, visit http://www.stellman-greene.com. Jennifer Greene studied philosophy in college but, like everyone else in the field, couldn't find a job doing it. Luckily, she's a great software tester, so she started out doing it at an online service, and that's the first time she got a good sense of what project management was. She moved to New York in 1998 to test software at a financial software company. She managed a team of testers at a really cool startup that did artificial intelligence and natural language processing. Since then, she's managed large teams of programmers, testers, designers, architects, and other engineers on lots of projects, and she's done a whole bunch of procurement management. She loves traveling, watching Bollywood movies, drinking carloads of carbonated beverages, and owing a whippet. For more information about Jennifer, Andrew Stellman, and their books, visit http://www.stellman-greene.com.
- Author(s)Andrew Stellman,Jennifer Greene
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication14/04/2009
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.