All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £7.37
- £6.72Trending at £6.89
- £9.83Trending at £14.98
- £4.57Trending at £4.99
- £8.68Trending at £8.85
- £11.41Trending at £17.94
- £4.44Trending at £4.99
About this product
- DescriptionA study of Samuel Beckett's first published book of fiction, More Pricks Than Kicks . From its publishing history to why they were written, it reveals Beckett's conflicted feelings about the 'compromise' of writing short stories and his struggle to find a voice distinct from James Joyce, his friend and authority of the form.
- Author BiographyJohn Pilling is Emeritus Professor of English and European Literature at the University of Reading, UK. He edited the Journal of Beckett Studies for ten years, serves on the editorial board of Samuel Beckett Today/Aujourd'hui. and has written or edited numerous books, articles, symposia, and review essays on Beckett for more than thirty years. His special interest and expertise currently is in every aspect of Beckett's life and work in the 1930s.
- Author(s)John Pilling
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleHistoricizing Modernism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.