Becoming Literate in the City: The Baltimore Early Childhood Project by Susan Sonnenschein, Linda Baker, Robert Serpell (Paperback, 1958)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £21.54+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £2.78Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 26 Dec
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £24.06Trending at £28.99
- £21.14Trending at £24.98
- £15.56Trending at £17.98
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £7.81Trending at £10.98
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
About this product
- DescriptionThe results of a five-year longitudinal study of children's early literacy development.
- Author BiographyRobert Serpell is Professor of Psychology at the University of Zambia. In addition to many scholarly journal articles and chapters, he has published several books including Culture's Influence on Behaviour (1976), Mobilizing Local Resources in Africa for Persons with Learning Difficulties or Mental Handicap (1984) and The Significance of Schooling: Life-Journeys in an African Society (1993). His main research interests are cultural aspects of human development, intelligence, multilingualism, literacy, assessment and intervention services for children with disabilities and their families, and educational curriculum development. He is an elected Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science, a Member of the International Executive Committee of the International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development (ISSBD), and a Member of the Editorial Board for the APA journal, International Perspectives in Psychology. Linda Baker is Professor of Psychology and Director of the doctoral program in Applied Developmental Psychology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. She received her Ph.D. from Rutgers University in cognitive psychology in 1977. Her research interests include early literacy development, motivation for reading, parental influences on cognitive development Susan Sonnenschein is an associate professor in the Applied Developmental Psychology program at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. In addition to her doctorate in developmental psychology, she received a master's degree in education psychology and is certified as a school psychologist.
- Author(s)Linda Baker,Robert Serpell,Susan Sonnenschein
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/04/1958
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 21 tables
- Weight423 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.