All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.40Trending at £4.70
- £5.73Trending at £6.29
- £3.79Trending at £6.99
- £4.75Trending at £4.80
- £9.97Trending at £13.93
- £7.89Trending at £8.23
- £4.90Trending at £4.93
About this product
- Author(s)Dr. Andrew Vietze
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDown East Books,U.S.
- Content Note15 black & white halftones
- Weight322 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Author BiographyAndrew Vietze, the former managing editor of Down East: The Magazine of Maine, has written for a wide variety of magazines and online publications, including Time Out New York, The New York Times' LifeWire, Weather.com's Forecast Earth,Crawdaddy!, AMC Outdoors, Popmatters, Hooked on the Outdoors, Explore, Offshore, Big Sky Journal, MaineBiz, and Maine Times. Two of his pieces for Down East have won awards for feature writing from the International Regional Magazine Association. Becoming Teddy Roosevelt: How a Maine Guide Inspired America's 26th President won a silver medal at the Independent Publisher Book Awards, was honored by the Maine State Legislature, and was a 2010 Book of the Year Award finalist in the biography category. It also spent weeks on the Maine Sunday Telegram's bestseller list and inspired the Lunder New Naturalists program at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, which uses the story of Theodore Roosevelt as an entry point for middle schoolers into the world of conservation. More than 19 schools and 600 students, are now part of the statewide program. Vieteze spends six months of each year as a ranger in the wilds of the Katahdin region.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.