All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClementina, Viscountess Hawarden produced over eight hundred photographs during her all-too-brief life. Most of these were portraits of her adolescent daughters. In this title, these pictures become windows into Victorian culture, eroticism, mother-daughter relationships, and intimacy.
- Author BiographyCarol Mavor is Associate Professor of Art at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is the author of Pleasures Taken: Sexuality and Loss in Victorian Photographs, also published by Duke University Press.
- Author(s)Carol Mavor
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/1999
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note119 b&w photographs, 15 duotone plates
- Weight467 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £35.21Trending at £37.98
- £17.71Trending at £18.54
- £7.90Trending at £8.23
- £14.00Trending at £17.14
- £16.20Trending at £19.99
- £16.25Trending at £19.07
- £11.31Trending at £12.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.