Becoming a Candidate: Political Ambition and the Decision to Run for Office by Jennifer L. Lawless (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £29.74Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £7.99Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by jnc_incorporated
- Est. delivery by 17 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.99
- £7.02Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about political ambition - who has it, how it is fostered and how it evolves.
- Author BiographyJennifer L. Lawless is an Associate Professor of Government at American University, where she is also the Director of the Women and Politics Institute. Her research focuses on political ambition, public opinion and women and politics. Her articles have appeared in the American Journal of Political Science, Perspectives on Politics, Political Research Quarterly, Legislative Studies Quarterly, The Journal of Politics and Women and Politics. She is the current editor of the journal Politics and Gender. She is also the co-author of It Still Takes a Candidate: Why Women Don't Run for Office (Cambridge University Press, 2010) and It Takes a Candidate: Why Women Don't Run for Office (Cambridge University Press, 2005) with Richard L. Fox. She is a recognized speaker on the subject of electoral politics, frequently discussing these issues on national and local television and radio. Her scholarly analysis and political commentary have been quoted in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, USA Today, The New Republic, the Chronicle of Higher Education and the Boston Globe, as well as on the Web sites of CNN, MSNBC and FOX News. In 2006, she sought the Democratic nomination for the US House of Representatives in Rhode Island's second congressional district.
- Author(s)Jennifer L. Lawless
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2012
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note14 b/w illus. 42 tables
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.