All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Alice F. Artzt,Eleanor Armour-Thomas,Frances R. Curcio,Theresa J. Gurl
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsContents. Preface to the Third Edition. A Note to Professors. PART 1: PHILOSOPHICAL BASIS FOR THE MODEL. 1. Toward an Understanding of Student-Centered Teaching. 2. A Framework for the Examination of Instructional Practice. 3. A Framework for the Examination of Teacher Cognitions. 4. Putting it All Together. PART II: HOW TO USE THE MODEL. 5. Using the Model to Examine Teachers' Instructional Practice and Cognitions. 6. Using the Model to Examine Your Own Instructional Practice and Cognitions. 7. Using a Portfolio to Document How You Engage in Self-Assessment and Reflection. PART III: EVIDENCE---THE MODEL IN ACTION. 8. Case Studies of the Model in Action: Five Cases.APPENDIX A. Research Results of Exploratory Study. Appenidx A.1: Summary of Patterns of Lesson Dimensions. Appendix A.2: Summary of Patterns of Cognitions. APPENDIX B. Observation Guidelines. Appendix B.1: Observation 1 --- Nature of the Content. Appendix B.2: Observation 2 --- Questioning. Appendix B.3: Observation 3 --- Motivation and Teaching Strategies. Appendix B.4: Observation 4 --- Homework. Appendix B.5: Observation 5 --- Use of Class Time. Appendix B.6: Observation 6 --- Verbal Behavior of Students. Appendix B.7: Observation 7--- Task Orientation of Students. Appendix B.8: Observation 8 --- Assessment. Appendix B.9: Observation 9 ---Teacher Expectations and Stereotyping. Appendix B.10: Observation 10 --- Culminating Activity. Appendix B.11: Rubric for Grading the Observation Reports. APPENDIX C. Observation Charts Made by Pre-service Teachers. Appendix C.1: Nadine's Teacher-Student Discourse Bar Graph. Appendix C.2: Lisette's Teacher Use of Class Time Chart. Appendix C.3: Marla's Verbal Interaction Chart. Appendix C.4: Karen's Line Graph of On-task Behaviors. Appendix C.4: Jill's Chart of On-task behaviors. Appendix C.5: Jill's Line Graph of On-task Behaviors. APPENDIX D. Guides and Forms for Supervised Observations. Appendix D.1: Guides for Observation Written Reports and Conferences. Appendix D.2: Written Observation Report Before the Lesson. Appendix D.3: Written Observation Report After the Lesson. Appendix D.4: Self-Assessment of Instructional Practice. Appendix D.5: Summary Self-Assessment Form. Appendix D.6: Evaluation of Teacher Cognitions. Appendix D.7: Videotaped Lesson --- Final Conference. APPENDIX E. Portfolio Assignment and Rubrics. Appendix E.1: Portfolio Guidelines. Appendix E.2: Three Sample Lesson Plans. Appendix E.3: Assessment--- One Quiz or One Unit Exam. Appendix E.4: One Wee of Homework and a Project. Appendix E 5: Peer Observation Report. Appendix E.6: Unit Plan. Appendix E.7: Portfolio Check Sheet. References. Author Index. Subject Index.
- Author BiographyAlice F. Artzt is Professor of Secondary Mathematics Education, Queens College of the City University of New York, USA. Eleanor Armour-Thomas is Professor of Educational Psychology, Queens College of the City University of New York, USA. Frances R. Curcio is Professor of Secondary Mathematics Education, Queens College of the City University of New York, USA. Theresa J. Gurl is Assistant Professor of Secondary Mathematics Education, Queens College of the City University of New York, USA.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.41Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £8.89
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.