Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.32
- £24.31Trending at £34.91
- £9.41Trending at £16.95
- £9.53Trending at £14.94
- £7.60Trending at £9.97
- £18.98Trending at £29.93
- £7.60Trending at £8.65
About this product
- Author(s)Professor Trevor P. Hall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 5 b&w illustrations and 4 maps
- Weight736 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Preface to the translations; Introduction; Translation of ships paying customs duties in the Cape Verde Islands, 1513; Translation of vessels paying customs duties, 1514; Customs payments of ships returning from West Africa, 1514; Customs duties collected in the Cape Verde Islands, 1515; Final customs duties paid by ships returning from trading in West Africa, 1515-16; Merchants from Portugal, Spain, and the Spanish Canary Islands paying taxes on captive Africans in the Cape Verde Islands, 1513-15; Onboard log of Portuguese ship Santiago purchasing captive Africans in Guinea Bissau and Sierra Leone, 1526; Conclusion; Graphs; Appendices; Bibliography; Glossary; Index.
- Author BiographyTrevor P. Hall is an Associate Professor of History and Political Science in Jamaica, West Indies. He has also held visiting positions in Africa and America.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.