All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGraham was an historian: he was meant to be an expert on the past. But there were aspects of it, that couldn't be subdued, that simply carried on, lively and painful, as if they were the present. He minded very much indeed. This book presents a version of sexual jealousy and shows it to be not just living, but reasonable, ordinary, and dangerous.
- Author BiographyJulian Barnes has published nine novels, Metroland, Before She Met Me, Flaubert's Parrot, Staring at the Sun, A History of the World in 10 and Half Chapters, Talking It Over, The Porcupine, England, England and Love, etc; two books of short stories, Cross Channel and The Lemon Table; and also two collections of essays, Letters from London and Something to Declare. His work has been translated into more than thirty languages. In France he is the only writer to have won both the Prix Midicis (for Flaubert's Parrot ) and the Prix Fimina (for Talking It Over). In 1993 he was awarded the Shakespeare Prize by the FVS Foundation of Hamburg. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Julian Barnes
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/01/1998
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePavanne Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date11/02/2010
- Weight151 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- ozcalstock25 Jan, 2017by
Typically good Julian Barnes novel.
Julian Barnes writes some great books and this is no exception. It's all about obsession with his wife's past and present suspected lovers. Great ending.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.59Trending at £6.98
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £7.92Trending at £10.98
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £4.39Trending at £6.98
- £6.27Trending at £7.99
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.