Consider these sponsored items
- £8.64Was:£9.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA clearly illustrated step-by-step guide to all the stitches and techniques needed to create beautiful bobbin lace. Includes prickings and easy-to-follow photographs showing how to use them. Provides full instructions for a selection of colourful Torchon lace projects using a variety of yarns: a bag, a purse, a scarf and a cushion.
- Author BiographyGilian Dye and Adrienne Thunder are experienced and enthusiastic lacemakers and teachers. Both hold City and Guilds Lacemaking Part 2 and are active members of local, national and international lace organisations. In addition to this, both have served on the Executive Committee of The Lace Guild. Over many years they have developed patterns and tips for working with non-traditional materials, have won prizes in major competitions and had work exhibited in the UK and overseas.
- Author(s)Adrienne Thunder,Gilian Dye
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleBeginner's Guide to Needlecrafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width204 mm
- Height260 mm
Most relevant reviews
- lyralisa03 Aug, 2017by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- gdav367105 Jun, 2014by
You can do it beautifully!
After 30 years, I recently I unearthed my lace making equipment and then decided that a refresher was definitely required. This Beginner's Guide to Bobbin Lace looked excellent. I was not disappointed with anything. The text is clear and the instructions easy to follow. I was soon able to relax and remnants of my past experience began to surface in my ancient brain. I felt that this book was perfect as a starting point for the novice, and excellent as a refresher for those who need it. I wish it had been around when I first picked up a pair of bobbins - maybe they would not have been pushed to the back of the cupboard for so long!
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.27
- £30.35Trending at £42.95
- £9.89Trending at £14.99
- £14.09Trending at £15.22
- £7.49Trending at £7.68
- £16.50Trending at £25.00
- £14.05Trending at £17.43