Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £9.50Trending at £10.75
- £14.72Trending at £19.99
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £11.18Trending at £14.99
- £12.57Trending at £14.88
About this product
- DescriptionVividly describes the conditions experienced by allied airmen who were shot down in WWII and incarcerated behind enemy lines. Details the ways in which prisoners reacted to their predicament and their tales of enterprise, as inmates took it upon themselves to improve their surroundings. Offers a different slant on our understanding of WW2 history.
- Author BiographyPhilip Kaplan has written several books on the lives of fighting men in World War II. Five of these, The Few, Little Friends, Round the Clock, Fighter Pilot and Bombers, were devoted to the experiences of aircrew. He has also written two classic accounts of warfare at sea, Wolfpack and Convoy, plus the recently published, He is of American birth but lives in Cheltenham, UK.
- Author(s)Jack Currie,Philip Kaplan
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Aviation
- Content Note16pp B+W plate section
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.