All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.40Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- Author(s)Herman B. Wells
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1980
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note49 b&w illus.
- Weight794 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsTo Begin...Preparation for the Presidency1. Growing Up in Jamestown and the County Seat2. Widening Horizons3. What It Was Really Like4. Country Bank Failures5. Reopening, Reconstruction, and Reform6. Apprenticeship in Academic Administration7. The Fate of a NoncandidateThe Presidency8. A Few Observations on Collegial Administration9. How to Succeed without Really Trying10. Money, Money, But Never Enough11. The Private Sector: Indiana University Foundation12. Academic Freedom and Tenure13. To Make Room for the Future14. Student and Alumni Relationships15. Culture to the Crossroads16. The University Looks Abroad17. Academic FermentNational And International Service18. A Trip and a New Awareness19. A Glorious Experience in the Springtime of My Career20. With Clay in Occupied Germany21. One World or None22. An Unusual Mission to the U.S.S.R.23. Education and World Affairs24. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching25. The American Council on Education and an Introduction to International Associations26. The Educational Policies Commission27. The Roots of PBS28. Trying to Do One's Share29. With My Hat on the Back of My HeadBeyond the Presidency30. The Summing Up31. The University Chancellor32. EpilogueAppendixA. ChronologyB. Traditional Rite at Freshman ConvocationC. Time on WellsD. Taking the Arts to the PeopleE. Telegrams from General Lucius ClayF. Current Directors, Indiana University FoundationG. Indiana University 150th Birthday Fund SubscriptionsH. Message to the University Community, November 1, 1968I. Indiana University Technical-Assistance ProjectsJ. Special Commissions and CommitteesK. All's Wells That Ends Well Index
- Author BiographyHerman B Wells (1902-2000) served Indiana University in a variety of capacities, most notably as its 11th president and as chancellor, and was pivotal in IU's development into a world-class institution of higher learning.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.