CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.71
- £15.91Trending at £19.99
- £13.02Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.77
- £10.99Trending at £12.98
- £2.50Trending at £4.19
- £4.99Trending at £9.81
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is revealed when we are nude or when we are presented with the image of someone who is nude? Is truth a type of nudity? Is it visible? Is it something that can be apprehended with the senses? What are the conditions under which truth may be revealed? What does the nude do? This book deals with these questions.
- Author BiographyJean-Luc Nancy is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the Universite Marc Bloch, Strasbourg. His wide-ranging thought is developed in many books, including The Banality of Heidegger; The Possibility of a World; The Disavowed Community; Ego Sum; and, with Adele Van Reeth, Coming (all Fordham). Federico Ferrari teaches Contemporary Philosophy and Art Theory at the Brera Academy of Fine Arts in Milan. His most recent books are: Il re e nudo. Aristocrazia e anarchia dell'arte (2011), L'insieme vuoto: Per una pragmatica dell'immagine (2011), and L'insieme vuoto: Per una pragmatica dell'immagine (2013). Anne O'Byrne is Associate Professor of Philosophy and Doctoral Program Director at Stony Brook University. Her work focuses on the political and ontological questions that arise from gendered embodiment and labor, including translations of Jean- Luc Nancy and writings ranging across the major Continental thinkers of the twentieth century and Julia Kristeva, as well as a sustained investment in Irish studies. She is currently working on a book on genocide and generation. Carlie Anglemire is a Ph.D. student of philosophy at Stony Brook University.
- Author(s)Federico Ferrari,Jean-Luc Nancy
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byAnne E. O'Byrne,Carlie Anglemire
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.