All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsiders what aspiring and mature historians need to know about the discipline of history in the United States today.
- Author BiographyJames M. Banner, Jr holds a B.A. from Yale and a Ph.D. from Columbia, where he studied with Richard Hofstadter. From 1966 to 1980, he was a member of the history department at Princeton University, which he left to found the American Association for the Advancement of the Humanities. He has also been a book publisher and foundation officer. A former Guggenheim Fellow, fellow of the Charles Warren Center for Studies in American History at Harvard, member of the board of directors of the American Council of Learned Societies and Fulbright Visiting Professor of American History at Charles University, Prague, he is the author of many books and essays in American history, education and public affairs. He has written for the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and other newspapers. His most recent works include, with Harold C. Cannon, The Elements of Teaching and The Elements of Learning, and Becoming Historians, edited with John R. Gillis. He is also the editor of A Century of American Historiography. Banner was a co-founder of the History News Service and of the National History Center.
- Author(s)James M. Banner
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.95
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £9.99Trending at £15.11
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.