Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.77
- £8.13Trending at £8.93
- £25.45Trending at £26.50
- £26.30Trending at £27.70
- £17.99Trending at £19.46
- £7.47Trending at £8.08
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
About this product
- Author(s)Ernesto Vasquez del Aguila
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2015
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: The Masculinity and Sexuality of the Migrant Man Part One: The Migrant's Journey 1. The Art of Cholear: Race, Class, and the Peruvian Dilemma 2. Living Transnationally: Emotional Remmitances and Virtual Social Capital Part Two: Becoming and Being a Man 3. The Early Years: Becoming a Man and Masculine Capital 4. Being a Man: The Winner, the Failed, and the Good Enough Man 5. Friendship Between Men and the Mundo de Patas 6. Gay Masculinities: God Forgives the Sin But Not the Scandal Part Three: Transnational Sexual Lives 7. Imagined Romances: Searching for Love Transnationally 8. Migration and the Transformation of Intimacy 9. Conclusion: Towards a Masculinity and Sexuality of Migration. Appendix 1: Glossary. Appendix 2: Description of Life History Interviewees.
- Author BiographyDr. Ernesto Vasquez del Aguila is a research scholar with the Institute for Health Equity, City University of New York (CUNY), and is a research associate with the School of Social Justice, University College Dublin, Ireland. He teaches courses on Masculinities; Global Health Inequalities; and Culture, Diversity and Society. He has worked as a researcher in a diverse range of institutions in Latin America, the USA and in Europe. He has published on sexual and reproductive health; sexual minorities; equality; gender and masculinity; sexuality; and migration. He earned his PhD in medical anthropology from Columbia University, New York City.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.