Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.05
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £9.65
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.87Trending at £16.59
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.51Trending at £4.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first years of the Cold War (1947-1954), New Deal liberals often found themselves in great disfavor. Ben Shahn's experience presents something of a paradox, however, since his paintings appealed in different ways to liberals and conservatives. This study traces the political and artistic struggles Ben Shahn got embroiled in.
- Author BiographyFrances K. Pohl is Dr. Mary Ann Vanderzyl Reynolds Professor of Humanities and Professor of Art History at Pomona College.
- Author(s)Frances K. Pohl
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/05/1989
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleAmerican Studies
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note38 b&w illus.
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Pagination250 pp
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.