CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.03
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.52
- £10.65Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.22
- £10.28Trending at £13.98
About this product
- DescriptionBengal Cuisine introduces us to the cuisine of the West Bengal region of India. Most Indian cookery books and recipes shown on television are based on North Indian and South Indian food, but Maya's book is about authentic Bengali food from West Bengal.
- Author BiographyMaya Ray Chaudhuri was born in India and has lived in London since the early 60s. She first learnt to cook from her mother who gave her a set of hand written recepies to take with her to her marital home so that she could impress her new in-laws. However it turned out that she didn't need them as there were professional cooks in the household. It was only when she came to live in the UK and found herself cooking a full meal every evening after coming back from work and to a large variety of people that she started to use her early learning. Although it was difficult to get the range of vegetables in those days she was able to innovate using vegetables that were easy to get. Ever since then she has continued to practice her cookery skills delighting friends and family with simple but subtle and authentic dishes of true Bengali cooking. Her home in London has seen many Bengalis, young and old, students and new arrivals staying, eating and learning from her. In fact it is her friends and family who have persuaded her to write this book so that they could learn to cook like her. Now in her mid 80s she remains very active and takes great delight in cooking for friends, neighbours and family. No one visiting her is allowed to leave without eating something or at worst taking something away with them in her trademark plastic boxes (which she always wants to be returned for the next feast).
- Author(s)Maya Ray Chaudhuri
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- GenreNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.