CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.72Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.93Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
About this product
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- GenreLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight299 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byRichard Rankin Russell
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
- Table Of ContentsForeword, Glenn Patterson \ Introduction, Richard Rankin Russell \ 1. `Made-Up Truths': Themes,Tropes, and Narrative Technique in Bernard MacLaverty's Early Short Stories, Michael Parker \ 2. Parabolic Plots in MacLaverty's Lamb, Richard Rankin Russell \ 3. `Join us': Musical Style and Identity in `My Dear Palestrina,' Gerry Smyth \ 4. `That orange and green dilemma': Violence and the Traumatised Subject in Bernard MacLaverty's Screenplays of Cal (1983) and Lamb (1985), Richard Mills \ 5. Character and Construction in Bernard MacLaverty's Troubles Stories: The Great Profundo and Walking the Dog, Richard Haslam, \ 6. MacLaverty's Holocaust: Affect, Memory, and the `Troubles,' Stephen Watt \ 7. The Personal is Political: Bernard MacLaverty's Grace Notes as a Peace Process Novel, Marilynn Richtarik \ 8. `Moving from one element to another': Body and Soul in Bernard MacLaverty's The Anatomy School, Michael Rawl \ 9. Bernard MacLaverty's Fictional Geographies, Neal Alexander \ 10. Ireland and Elsewhere: The `Non-Irish' in Bernard MacLaverty's Fiction, Laura Pelaschiar \ Afterword: Looking at Art in Bernard MacLaverty's Fiction, David Holdeman \ Further Reading \ Index.
- Author BiographyRichard Rankin Russell is Professor of English at Baylor University, USA. His previous publications include Poetry and Peace: Michael Longley, Seamus Heaney, and Northern Ireland (2010) and Martin McDonagh: A Casebook (2007).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.