All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reissue of Beth Chatto's classic, redesigned, with a new afterword by David Ward, Garden and Nursery Director at Beth Chatto's Garden and a new introduction by Beth Chatto.
- Author BiographyBeth Chatto was born in 1923. Her influence as a gardener and plantswoman extends worldwide. Her guiding principle has always been the right plant for the right place. If this hardly sounds radical today, it is largely thanks to her work - when she first put her principle publicly into practice at her Unusual Plants stand at the Chelsea Flower Show in 1977 she brought about a quiet revolution in the gardening world. As well as creating her garden and nursery at Elmstead Market in Essex, she has written gardening classics including The Dry Garden (Dent, 1978), The Damp Garden (Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1982), The Green Tapestry (Collins, 1995) and Beth Chatto's Gravel Garden (Frances Lincoln, 2000). She was created OBE in 2002 and also holds the Royal Horticultural Society's Victoria Medal of Honour. Steven Wooster is a garden photographer and a graphic designer. He won the Garden Media Guild Award for his photographs in Beth Chatto's Gravel Garden.
- Author(s)Beth Chatto
- PublisherPimpernel Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2017
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPimpernel Press Ltd
- Content NoteColour photographs throughout; 75,000 words
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Photographer(s)Steven Wooster
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £3.85Trending at £4.49
- £8.24Trending at £9.94
- £4.82Trending at £7.48
- £12.80Trending at £16.95
- £14.67Trending at £21.99
- £9.16Trending at £9.49
- £6.02Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.