All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionCombining cutting-edge theories of culture and government with programming examples--including Todd TV, Survivor, and American Idol--Better Living through Reality TV moves beyond the established concerns of political economy and cultural studies to conceptualize television's evolving role in the contemporary period.
- Author BiographyLaurie Ouellette is Associate Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at the University of Minnesota. She is co-editor of Reality TV: Remaking Television Culture and author of Viewers Like You? How Public TV Failed the People. James Hay is an Associate Professor in the College of Communication at the University of Illinois--Champaign-Urbana. He is a co-editor of The Audience and Its Landscape.
- Author(s)James Hay,Laurie Ouellette
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/01/2008
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight384 g
- Width159 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.