All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the Cold War, Chinese Americans struggled to gain political influence in the United States. This book looks at the divergent ways that Chinese Americans in these two cities balanced domestic and international pressures during the tense Cold War era.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Brooks is associate professor of history at Baruch College, City University of New York. She is the author of Alien Neighbors, Foreign Friends: Asian Americans, Housing, and the Transformation of Urban California, also published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Charlotte Brooks
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication13/01/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note11 halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.90Trending at £7.86
- £7.68Trending at £9.99
- £6.65Trending at £8.70
- £7.50Trending at £11.87
- £5.00Trending at £5.58
- £4.97Trending at £6.99
- £11.33Trending at £15.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.