All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.49
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.08
- £31.88Trending at £38.12
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £14.54Trending at £18.37
- £19.44Trending at £30.00
About this product
- DescriptionAbandoning the usual Cold War oriented narrative of postwar European protest and opposition movements, this volume offers an innovative, inter-disciplinary, and comprehensive perspective on two decades of protest and social upheaval in postwar Europe. It examines the mutual influences and interactions among dissenters in Western Europe.
- Author BiographyMartin Klimke is a Research Fellow at the German Historical Institute, Washington, DC and the Heidelberg Center for American Studies (HCA) at Heidelberg University, Germany. He is the author of The Other Alliance: Student Protest in West Germany and the United States in the Global Sixties (2010) and A Breath of Freedom: The Civil Rights Struggle, African American GIs, and Germany (with Maria Hohn, 2010). He also co-edited 1968. Handbuch zur Kultur- und Mediengeschichte der Studentenbewegung (2007); 1968 in Europe. A History of Protest and Activism, 1956-77 (2008); and Changing the World, Changing Oneself: Political Protest and Collective Identities in West Germany and the U.S. in the 1960s and 1970s (2010). Jacco Pekelder is Senior Lecturer at the History Department of Utrecht University and Fellow (2010-2011) at the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences in Wassenaar (NIAS). From 2002 to 2007 he was Research Coordinator of the Germany Institute at Amsterdam University (DIA). His publications include Die Niederlande und die DDR: Bildformung und Beziehungen, 1949-1989 (2002) and Sympathie voor de RAF. De Rote Armee Fraktion in Nederland, 1970-1980 (2007). Joachim Scharloth is Professor at Dokkyo University, Tokyo. His research focuses on the history of language, socio-linguistics, social movements, as well as discourse semantics. He is the author of Sprachnormen und Mentalitaten. Sprachbewusstseinsgeschichte in Deutschland im Zeitraum von 1766 und 1785 (2005) and co-editor of 1968. Handbuch zur Kultur- und Mediengeschichte der Studentenbewegung (2007), as well as 1968 in Europe. A History of Protest and Activism, 1956-77 (2008).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleProtest, Culture and Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight645 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJacco Pekelder,Joachim Scharloth,Martin Klimke
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.