All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £9.01Trending at £12.99
- £8.87Trending at £9.89
- £6.03Trending at £6.18
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.93Trending at £25.79
- £11.71Trending at £12.77
- £21.48Trending at £29.03
About this product
- Author(s)Martin Ruef
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication24/08/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note30 line illus. 27 tables.
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations vii List of Tables ix Preface xi Acknowledgments xv 1. Institutional Transformation and Uncertainty 1 2. Constructing a Free Labor Market 21 3. Status Attainment among Emancipated Slaves 50 4. Class Structure in the Old and New South 75 5. The Demise of the Plantation 103 6. Credit and Trade in the New South 131 7. Paths to Development 156 8. Emancipation in Comparative Perspective 181 Appendix A. Data Sources and Sampling 195 Appendix B. Idiosyncrasy 203 Notes 209 References 253 Index 277
- Author BiographyMartin Ruef is the Egan Family Professor of Sociology and director of Markets and Management Studies at Duke University. He is the author of The Entrepreneurial Group (Princeton) and the coauthor of Organizations Evolving and Institutional Change and Healthcare Organizations.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.