CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.27
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £21.79Trending at £22.07
- £28.00Trending at £30.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays examines German-language cultural production pertaining to modern China and Japan, and explicitly challenges orientalist notions by proposing a conception of East and West not as opposites, but as complementary elements of global culture, thereby urging a move beyond national paradigms in cultural studies.
- Author BiographyQinna Shen is Visiting Affiliate Assistant Professor of German and Chinese in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at Loyola University Maryland. She received her Ph.D. from Yale University and was Visiting Assistant Professor of German at Miami University in Ohio from 2008 to 2011. She has published a number of articles in journals including German Studies Review, Seminar: A Journal of Germanic Studies, Marvels & Tales, and The Brecht Yearbook. Martin Rosenstock is Assistant Professor of German at Gulf University for Science and Technology in Kuwait. He received his Ph.D. from the University of California, Santa Barbara and has held visiting positions at Iowa State University and the University of Connecticut. He has published on the depiction of crime and detection in literature and film as well as on German colonial literature in Monatshefte and Colloquia Germanica.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleSpektrum: Publications of the German Studies Association
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note32 illus.
- Edited byMartin Rosenstock,Qinna Shen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.