All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.97
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the Vietnam War, focusing attention on women and gender.
- Author BiographyHeather Marie Stur is an Assistant Professor of History at the University of Southern Mississippi, a fellow in USM's Center for the Study of War and Society, and director of USM's Vietnam Studies program. She received her PhD from the University of Wisconsin in 2008. Dr Stur is the author of several articles, including: 'In Service and in Protest: Black Women and the Impact of the Vietnam War on American Society' in Soul Soldiers: African Americans and the Vietnam Era; 'Perfume and Lipstick in the Boonies: Red Cross SRAO and the Vietnam War' in The Sixties: A Journal of History, Politics, and Culture; 'Borderless Troubadour: Bob Dylan and the Music of the Cold War World' in Highway 61 Revisited: Bob Dylan from Minnesota to the World; 'The Women's Army Corps Goes to Vietnam' in America and the Vietnam War: Re-examining the Culture and History of a Generation; and 'Finding Meaning in Manhood After the War: Gender and the Warrior Myth in Springsteen's Vietnam War Songs' in Dancing in the Dark: Bruce Springsteen, Cultural Studies, and the Runaway American Dream. Dr Stur's research interests include gender and conflict, the US in a global context, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, the impacts of militarization on societies, and oral history.
- Author(s)Heather Marie Stur
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus.
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.