All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.39Trending at £20.04
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the 1960s the German philosopher Jurgen Habermas introduced the notion of a bourgeois public sphere in order to describe the symbolic arena of political life and conversation that originated with the cultural institutions of the early eighteenth-century; since then the public sphere itself has become perhaps one of the most debated...
- Author BiographyChristian J. Emden is Associate Professor of German Intellectual History and Political Thought at Rice University. He is the author of Nietzsche on Language, Consciousness, and the Body (University of Illinois Press, 2005) and Friedrich Nietzsche and the Politics of History (Cambridge University Press, 2008). David Midgley is Reader in German Literature and Culture at the University of Cambridge, England, and a Fellow of St. John's College. His publications include WritingWeimar: Critical Realismin German Literature, 1918 - 1933 (Oxford University Press, 2000).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Edited byChristopher J. Emden,David Midgley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.