All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £10.75Trending at £11.04
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.94Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £11.27
- £8.99Trending at £9.29
About this product
- DescriptionDespite major advances in medication and treatment, persons with serious mental illness have substantially worse employment outcomes than other disadvantaged groups. This book explains the factors that impact the employment of those with mental illnesses and provides guidance for overcoming obstacles, from both employer and employee perspectives.
- Author BiographyMarjorie L. Baldwin is a professor in the Department of Economics at the W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, whose son was diagnosed with schizophrenia in his junior year of college. Baldwin is a labor economist who has conducted research on work disability and disability-related discrimination for 25 years. After her son's diagnosis, she focused her disability studies on persons with mental illness in the labor market. She is the author or co-author of more than 50 articles and book chapters, and has a national reputation for her studies of employment outcomes among persons with serious mental illness (SMI). Baldwin has been a principal investigator for major studies of labor market discrimination against persons with SMI, sponsored by the National Institute of Mental Health, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, and National Institute of Drug and Alcohol Abuse. She is Academic Director of Public Health Programs in the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State. She is also a member of the National Academy of Social Insurance, where she is chair of the Study Panel of Workers' Compensation Data.
- Author(s)Marjorie L. Baldwin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/03/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight517 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.