Beyond Swat: History, Society and Economy Along the Afghanistan-Pakistan Frontier by C Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £22.38Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by bestsellersuk
- Est. delivery by 29 Nov
Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond Swat readdresses Fredrik Barth's seminal work Political Leadership among Swat Pathans, and the reactions it sparked, in relationship to contemporary developments in Swat and the wider Afghanistan-Pakistan frontier region. It explores the relevance of these debates to understanding the key dynamics affecting the region and its people.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Hopkins is Assistant Professor of History and International Affairs, George Washington University, author of The Making of Modern Afghanistan, and co-editor, with Magnus Marsden, of Fragments of the Afghan Frontier. Magnus Marsden is Senior Lecturer in Social Anthropology with Reference to South and Central Asia, at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London. He has spent 15 years conducting research in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. His publications include Living Islam: Muslim Religious Experience in Pakistan's North-West Frontier (2005) and, as co-editor with Benjamin Hopkins, Fragments of the Afghan Frontier.
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2013
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byBenjamin Hopkins,Magnus Marsden
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £29.78Trending at £31.34
- £14.30Trending at £21.04
- £10.09Trending at £12.98
- £7.57Trending at £8.46
- £28.88Trending at £30.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.