All listings for this product
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £53.47Trending at £83.71
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £11.61Trending at £12.48
- £28.07Trending at £44.98
- £11.64Trending at £13.48
- £3.58Trending at £5.48
- £9.52Trending at £11.37
About this product
- DescriptionCarl Safina's childhood by the long island shore launched a life-long passion for animals. In his new book, Safina delves deeply into the lives of animals, witnessing their profound capacity for perception, thought, and emotion. He delivers a examination of how animals truly think and feel and what really does make us human.
- Author BiographyCarl Safina's work has been recognized with MacArthur, Pew, and Guggenheim Fellowships, and his writing has won Orion, Lannan, and National Academies literary awards and the John Burroughs, James Beard, and George Rabb medals. He has a PhD in ecology from Rutgers University. Safina is the inaugural holder of the endowed chair for nature and humanity at Stony Brook University, where he co-chairs the steering committee of the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science and is founding president of the not-for-profit Safina Center. He hosted the 10-part PBS series Saving the Ocean with Carl Safina. His writing appears in The New York Times, National Geographic, Audubon, Orion, and other periodicals and on the Web at National Geographic News and Views, Huffington Post, and CNN.com. Beyond Words is his seventh book. He lives on Long Island, New York.
- Author(s)Carl Safina
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company Inc
- Content Note8 page colour insert
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.