Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £17.11
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £10.02
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.77Trending at £9.61
About this product
- DescriptionNothing has generated more controversy in the social sciences than the turn toward culture, variously known as the linguistic turn, culturalism, or postmodernism. This book examines the impact of the cultural turn on two prominent social science disciplines, history and sociology.
- Author BiographyVictoria E. Bonnell is Professor of Sociology and Chair of the Center for Slavic and East European Studies at the University of California, Berkeley, author of Iconography of Power: Soviet Political Posters under Lenin and Stalin (California, 1997), and editor of The Russian Worker: Life and Labor under the Tsarist Regime (California, 1983), among other works. Lynn Hunt is Annenberg Professor of History at the University of Pennsylvania, and is author of The Family Romance of the French Revolution (California, 1992), and editor of The New Cultural History (California, 1989), among other works.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/07/1999
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleStudies on the History of Society & Culture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 34
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note4 figures
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byLynn Hunt,Victoria E. Bonnell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.