All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £10.89Trending at £13.11
- £18.40Trending at £19.55
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond the workfare state explores equality, discrimination and human rights in relation to employability and 'welfare-to-work' policies bringing together a wide and distinctive range of illustrative studies that gives voice to a variety of potentially marginalised groups.
- Author BiographyMick Carpenter is a Reader in Social Policy in the Department of Sociology, University of Warwick. He has researched and published widely in health and social policy, and since the late 1990s been engaged in collaborative research and evaluation of efforts to tackle poverty and exclusion in Coventry. Belinda Freda was Project Officer and researcher for SEQUAL project at the University of Surrey, investigating the exclusion, discrimination and employability of young people, refugee groups and discrimination and equality in the workplace. She now works at the University of Sussex. Stuart Speeden is Reader and Head of the Centre for Policy Studies at Edge Hill University. His wide ranging policy related work includes developing the Local Government Equality Standard for England and Wales, and evaluative research for the Commission for Racial Equality.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication12/12/2007
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byBelinda Freda,Mick Carpenter,Stuart Speeden
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.