All listings for this product
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £4.99Trending at £7.11
- £30.89Trending at £34.54
- £29.42Trending at £29.90
- £6.79Trending at £8.77
- £13.51Trending at £14.64
- £36.98Trending at £37.74
- £23.56Trending at £31.94
About this product
- Author(s)Sherif Sakr
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note49 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 102 p. 49 illus.
- Weight197 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1: Introduction.- Chapter 2: General Purpose Big Data Processing Systems.- Chapter 3: Large Scale Processing of Structured Databases.- Chapter 4: Large Scale Graph Processing Systems.- Chapter 5: Large Scale Stream Processing Systems.- Chapter 6: Conclusions and Outlook.
- Author BiographySherif Sakr is an academic, professional specialist and consultant of Big Data systems. He received his PhD degree in Computer and Information Science from Konstanz University, Germany in 2007. He received his BSc and MSc degrees in Computer Science from the Information Systems department at the Faculty of Computers and Information in Cairo University, Egypt, in 2000 and 2003 respectively. In 2013, Sherif has been awarded the Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate. He is currently a professor of computer and information science in the Health Informatics department at King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences. He is also affiliated with the University of New South Wales and DATA61/CSIRO (formerly NICTA). In 2008 and 2009, Sherif held an Adjunct Lecturer position at the Department of Computing of Macquarie University. In 2011, he held a Visiting Researcher position at the eXtreme Computing Group, Microsoft Research Laboratories, Redmond, WA, USA. In 2012, he held a Research MTS position in Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs. Sherif has published more than 90 refereed research publications in international journals and conferences. So far, he (co)-authored three books and co-edited three other books.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.