All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLord Biskerton, son and heir of the sixth Earl of Hoddesdon, and known to his friends as Biscuit, has a noble determination to escape the disgrace of work. His friend Berry Conway, however, had succumbed to economic pressure and become the secretary to T Paterson Frisby, a dyspeptic American who had twenty million and loved every cent of it.
- Author BiographyPelham Grenville Wodehouse (always known as 'Plum') wrote more than ninety novels and some three hundred short stories over 73 years. He is widely recognised as the greatest 20th-century writer of humour in the English language. Perhaps best known for the escapades of Bertie Wooster and Jeeves, Wodehouse also created the world of Blandings Castle, home to Lord Emsworth and his cherished pig, the Empress of Blandings. His stories include gems concerning the irrepressible and disreputable Ukridge; Psmith, the elegant socialist; the ever-so-slightly-unscrupulous Fifth Earl of Ickenham, better known as Uncle Fred; and those related by Mr Mulliner, the charming raconteur of The Angler's Rest, and the Oldest Member at the Golf Club. In 1936 he was awarded the Mark Twain Prize for 'having made an outstanding and lasting contribution to the happiness of the world'. He was made a Doctor of Letters by Oxford University in 1939 and in 1975, aged 93, he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. He died shortly afterwards, on St Valentine's Day.
- Author(s)P. G. Wodehouse
- Date of Publication18/05/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleEveryman's Library P G Wodehouse
- Series Part/Volume Number54
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight147 g
- Width125 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.00
- £5.95Trending at £9.00
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £5.46Trending at £10.00
- £4.95Trending at £9.00
- £4.55Trending at £9.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.