All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the technology of expandable modules that inflate into space habitats. It details how this technology is changing the face of commercial spaceflight and is laying the foundation for an orbital economy.
- Author BiographyDr. Erik Seedhouse worked as an Astronaut Training Consultant for Bigelow Aerospace in 2005, a company for whom he wrote the Spaceflight Participants Flight Surgeon's Manual. He also developed astronaut-training protocols for future spaceflight participants and wrote and edited several chapters of Bigelow Aerospace's Astronaut Training Manual. Erik is a research scientist specializing in environmental life sciences and physiology, the subject in which he obtained his Ph.D. in Physiology while working for the European Space Agency between 1996 and 1998. In 2009, he was one of the final candidates for selection as an astronaut in the CSA's Astronaut Recruitment Campaign. He is a certified commercial suborbital astronaut who will fly a payload mission in 2014. He is also Training Director for Astronauts for Hire and, for the last four years, served as Director of Canada's Manned Centrifuge Operations.
- Author(s)Erik Seedhouse
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleSpringer Praxis Books
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note59 Illustrations, color; 7 Illustrations, black and white; XIX, 182 p. 66 illus., 59 illus. in color.
- Weight426 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.70Trending at £50.87
- £8.99Trending at £10.11
- £14.41Trending at £15.22
- £22.72Trending at £29.99
- £24.62Trending at £27.89
- £18.56Trending at £19.53
- £12.98Trending at £14.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.