Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionA single source of information, with contributions from worldwide experts, on bile acid toxicology and bioactivity and its role in human disease.
- Author BiographyGareth Jenkins, Institute of Life Science, Swansea School of Medicine has been a Genetic Toxicologist for the past 12 years and has been interested in the toxicology of Bile acids and their role in GI Tract cancer for the past 6 years. Bile acid induced toxicity and geno-toxicity are currently a focus of his research group and his specific research interests are in GI tract cancers (oesophageal, gastric, colorectal) and in particular the early stages of cancer development and the role of Bile acids in these cancers, particularly oesophageal cancer. Laura Hardie is currently Oesophageal Research Group Leader, at the University of Leeds. Her previous posts include Study Director, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, London and Senior Scientist for Obesity Research, Rowett Research Institute, Aberdeen. Her current research group in Leeds is focussed on understanding the key molecular mechanisms associated with the development of oesophageal cancer and on understanding how bile acids present in heartburn, promote the disease process. Also, with her background in obesity research, she has a keen interest in understanding the interaction between obesity, bile acids and certain types of cancer.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleIssues in Toxicology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byGareth J. Jenkins,Laura Hardie
- Series Edited byDiana Anderson
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.