Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.27
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £21.79Trending at £22.07
- £28.00Trending at £30.27
- £16.99Trending at £18.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores bilingual community education, specifically the educational spaces shaped and organized by American ethnolinguistic communities for their children in New York. It reveals how these groups' efforts go beyond what has been called 'heritage language education' to focus on the construction of bilingual American diasporic communities.
- Author BiographyOfelia Garcia is Professor in the PhD programs of Urban Education and of Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian Literatures and Languages at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Among her most recent books are: Bilingual Education in the 21st Century; Handbook of Language and Ethnic Identity, Vols. I & II; Educating Emergent Bilinguals; and Additive Schooling in Subtractive Times. Zeena Zakharia is Assistant Professor in the Department of Leadership in Education at the University of Massachusetts, Boston. Her recent publications consider the interplay of language policy, collective identity, and human security in schools, during and after violent political conflict. These interests stem from over a decade of educational leadership in war-affected bilingual contexts. Bahar Otcu is Assistant Professor at Mercy College, New York. Her research interests include bilingual education, applied linguistics, language policies and ideologies, discourse analysis, and pragmatics. Her recent publications include a co-authored book chapter titled Developmental Patterns in Internal Modification Use in Requests and an article titled Heritage Language Maintenance and Cultural Identity Formation.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication07/09/2012
- Series TitleBilingual Education & Bilingualism
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight494 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBahar Otcu,Ofelia Garcia,Zeena Zakharia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.